Search Course Here
For Informix Dynamic Server database administrators. Gain experience creating, modifying, and removing databases, tables, and indexes. Learn how to control security, maintain data integrity, maintain concurrency control, and improve performance. Learn data migration and reorganisation methods.
should have a working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
Duration and Additional Information
- It is a 4 days program and extends up to 8hrs each.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- Introduction to IDS Terminology
- Define basic Informix Dynamic Server terms
- Query the sysmaster database for information about the server
- IDS Data Types
- Identify the Informix data types
- Choose the appropriate data type for a data column
- Creating Databases and Tables
- Create databases and tables
- Determine database logging and storage requirements
- Locate where the database server stores a table on disk
- Create temporary tables
- Locate where the database server stores temporary tables
- Use the system catalog tables to gather information
- Use the dbschema utility
- Altering and Deleting Databases and Tables
- Drop a database
- Drop a table
- Alter a table
- Convert a simple large object to a smart large object
- Create, Alter, and Drop Indexes
- Build an index
- Alter, drop, and rename an index
- Identify the four index characteristics
- Managing and Maintaining Indexes
- Explain the benefits of indexing
- Evaluate the costs involved when indexing
- Explain the maintenance necessary with indexes
- Describe effective management of indexes
- Enable or disable indexes
- Table and Index Partitioning
- List the ways to fragment a table
- Create a fragmented table
- Create a detached fragmented index
- Describe temporary fragmented table and index usage
- Maintaining Table and Index Partitioning
- Alter a fragmented table
- Alter a fragmented index
- Explain how to skip inaccessible fragments
- Cost-Based Query Optimizer
- Write queries that produce the following index scans:
- Sequential with a temporary table
- Sequential scan with filter
- Key-only index scan
- Index Scan: lower and upper index filters
- Dynamic Hash Join
- Key-first index scans
- Updating Statistics and Data Distributions
- Execute the UPDATE STATISTICS statement and explain the results
- Use the system catalogs to monitor data distributions
- Managing the Optimizer
- Describe the effect on the engine of the different values of OPTCOMPIND
- Describe the effects of setting the OPT_GOAL parameter
- Write optimizer directives to improve performance
- Referential and Entity Integrity
- Explain the benefits of referential and entity integrity
- Specify default values, check constraints, and referential constraints
- Determine when constraint checking occurs
- Managing Constraints
- Determine when constraint checking occurs
- Drop a constraint
- Delete and update a parent row
- Insert and update a child row
- Modes and Violation Detection
- Enable and disable constraints and indexes
- Use the filtering mode for constraints and the indexes
- Reconcile the violations recorded in the database
- Concurrency Control
- Use the different concurrency controls
- Monitor the concurrency controls for lock usage
- Use the Retain Update Lock feature
- Data Security
- Use the database, table, and column level privileges
- Use the GRANT and REVOKE statements
- Use role-based authorization
- Create views
- Use views to present derived and aggregate data
- Use views to hide joins from users
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Explain the purpose of stored procedures
- Explain advantages of using stored procedures
- Create and execute a trigger
- Drop a trigger
- Use the system catalogs to access trigger information
If you want more details post ur details here.
"Note: We are not authorized training provider."
LYNC Server New Batch Start From 13th April & 14th April.
0racle ASCP New Batch Start From 14th April & 15th April.
SAP Travel Management New Batch Start From 15th April. & 16th April.
Maximo New Batch Start From 16th April & 17th April.
Hadoop New Batch Start From 17th April & 18th April.
Informatica B2B New Batch Start From 18th April & 19th April.
Hyperion FDM Data Management New Batch Start From 19th April & 20th April.
PeopleSoft HRMS new Batch Starting from 20th April & 21st April.
OBIA Start From 21st April & 22nd April.
IBM Data Power from 22nd April & 23rd April.
IBM Websphere Message broker from 23rd April& 24th April.