Adobe Illustrator Training Details
Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Adobe Systems. The latest version, Illustrator CC 2015.3, is the twentieth generation in the product line.
Versions CS–CS6 Illustrator CS was the first version to include 3-dimensional capabilities allowing users to extrude or revolve shapes to create simple 3D objects.
Illustrator CS2 (version 12) was available for both the Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It was the last version for the Mac which did not run natively on Intel processors. Among the new features included in Illustrator CS2 were Live Trace, Live Paint, a control palette and custom workspaces. Live Trace allows for the conversion of bitmap imagery into vector art and improved upon the previous tracing abilities. Live Paint allows users more flexibility in applying color to objects, specifically those that overlap. In the same year as the CS2 release, Adobe Systems announced an agreement to acquire Macromedia in a stock swap valued at about $3.4 billion and it integrated the companies' operations, networks, and customer-care organizations shortly thereafter.Adobe now owned FreeHand along with the entire Macromedia product line and in 2007, Adobe announced that it would discontinue development and updates to the FreeHand program. Instead, Adobe would provide tools and support to ease the transition to Illustrator.
CS3 included interface updates to the Control Bar, the ability to align individual points, multiple Crop Areas, the Color Guide panel and the Live Color feature among others. CS3 was released March 27, 2007.
CS4 was released in October 2008. It features a variety of improvements to old tools along with the introduction of a few brand new tools acquired from FreeHand. The ability to create multiple artboards is one of CS4’s main additions from FreeHand. The artboards allow you to create multiple versions of a piece of work within a single document. Other tools include the Blob Brush, which allows multiple overlapping vector brush strokes to easily merge or join, and a revamped gradient tool allowing for more in-depth color manipulation as well as transparency in gradients.
CS5 was released in April 2010. Along with a number of enhancements to existing functionality, Illustrator CS5's new features include a Perspective Grid tool taken from FreeHand, a Bristle Brush (for more natural and painterly looking strokes) and a comprehensive update to strokes, referred to by Adobe as "Beautiful Strokes".
Version CS6 was the sixteenth generation of Adobe Illustrator. Adobe added many more features and several bug fixes such as a new user interface, layer panels, RGB codes, and color ramp to increase performance. CS6 was released on April 23, 2012.
Version CC Along with Creative Cloud (the result of Adobe's shift on its release strategy), Illustrator CC was released. This version (the 17th) was the first to be only sold in a subscription-based service model, in line with the other software in the formerly called Creative Suite. As part of Creative Cloud, this version brought improvements in that subject such as color, font and program settings syncing, saving documents to the cloud, and integration with Behance (a creative collaborative network), as well as other features such as a new touch-compatible type tool, images in brushes, CSS extraction, and files packaging.
- Training by Realtime Expert trainer
- Live Online Classes
- Free study material
- Online virtual Classes available in morning, evening and weekend
- All attendees should have a basic knowledge of some basic keyboard shortcuts to improve workflow.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 20 days program and extends up to 2hrs each.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 5 days program and extends up to 8hrs each.
- Private Classroom arrenged on request and minimum attendies for batch is 4.
- Understanding Vector Graphics.
- Starting Illustrator In Windows 8.
- The Welcome Experience.
- Opening An Existing Document.
- The Illustrator Workspace.
- The Status Bar.
- Understanding Artboards.
- Closing A Document And Exiting Illustrator.
- Understanding Panels.
- Displaying And Hiding Panels.
- Floating And Docking Panels.
- The Tools Panel.
- Working With The Tools Panel.
- Working With Workspaces.
- Working With The Control Panel.
- Navigating With The Hand Tool.
- Navigating With The Navigation Panel.
- Changing Document Views.
- Using The Zoom Tool.
- Creating And Using Custom Views.
- Understanding Paths And Selection Tools.
- Selecting With The Selection Tool.
- Working With Isolation Mode.
- Selecting Multiple Objects.
- Making Marquee Selections.
- Using The Direct Selection Tool.
- Selecting With The Magic Wand Tool.
- Understanding Smart Guides.
- Moving Objects.
- Copying Objects.
- Grouping And Ungrouping Objects.
- Locking And Unlocking Objects.
- The Alignment And Distribution Tools.
- Aligning Objects.
- Distributing Objects And Spacing.
- Inserting Images.
- Deleting Objects.
- Understanding Templates.
- Understanding Document Presets.
- Adjusting Units Of Measure.
- Creating A Print Document.
- Saving A New Document.
- Understanding Artboard Options.
- Moving And Resizing Artboards.
- Creating And Deleting Artboards.
- Understanding Grids, Guides And Rulers.
- Displaying And Hiding Rulers.
- Making Guides.
- Locking, Unlocking And Clearing Guides.
- Viewing And Hiding The Grid.
- Understanding Layers And Sublayers.
- Understanding The Layers Panel.
- Working With The Layers Panel.
- Creating Layers And Sublayers.
- Naming Layers And Assigning Colours.
- Grouping Layers.
- Reassigning Objects To Different Layers.
- Rearranging Layers And Sublayers.
- Hiding And Displaying Layers.
- Locking And Unlocking Layers.
- Deleting Layers.
- Understanding The Shape And Colour Tools.
- Preparing The Workspace.
- Creating Basic Shapes.
- Creating Polygons.
- Creating Other Shapes.
- Creating Lines And Spirals.
- Editing Path Segments.
- Using Offset Path.
- Understanding Drawing Modes.
- Understanding Fill And Stroke.
- Understanding Colour.
- Understanding Colour Controls.
- Applying Colour Using The Colour Panel.
- Applying Colour Using The Swatches Panel.
- Applying Colour Using The Eyedropper Tool.
- Swapping Fill And Stroke Colours.
- Working With Stroke Weight.
- Working With Stroke Width.
- Applying Dashes To Strokes.
- Understanding Gradients.
- Applying A Linear Gradient.
- Changing The Direction Of A Gradient.
- Changing Colours In A Gradient.
- Adding Colours To A Gradient.
- Applying A Radial Gradient.
- Saving A Gradient.
- Applying A Gradient To A Stroke.
- Understanding Type In Illustrator.
- Understanding Formatting Options.
- Inserting And Formatting Point Type.
- Inserting And Formatting Area Type.
- Importing Text.
- Threading Text.
- Cutting And Pasting Text.
- Formatting Text.
- Formatting Paragraphs.
- Copying Formatting With The Eyedropper Tool.
- Creating Columns Of Text.
- Wrapping Text Around An Object.
- Typing On A Path.
- Working With Options For Path Type.
- Transforming Path Type Objects.
- Converting Text Into Editable Paths.
- Working With Character Objects.
- The Touch Type Tool.
- Understanding Drawing In Illustrator.
- Drawing A Straight Path With The Pen Tool.
- Drawing Closed Paths With The Pen tool.
- Draw Curved Paths With The Pen Tool.
- Drawing Objects With Curved Paths.
- Adjusting Curves Created By The Pen Tool.
- Drawing Paths With The Curvature Tool.
- Drawing Paths With The Pencil Tool.
- Add Fill To Closed Paths.
- Understanding Save And Export Options.
- Understanding File Formats.
- Exporting An Illustrator Document.
- Saving For A Microsoft Office Program.
- Saving As A PDF File.
- Saving An Illustrator Document For The Web.
- Printing An Illustrator Document.
- Packaging A Document.
- The Libraries Panel.
- Adding Elements To The Libraries Panel.
- Adding People To Your Library.
- Understanding The Transform Tools.
- Scaling And Rotating Objects.
- Reflecting Objects.
- Shearing Objects.
- Changing The Perspective Of An Object.
- Understanding The Distortion Tools.
- Distorting Objects.
- Understanding Colour Themes.
- Navigating To Adobe Colour.
- Using The Colour Wheel.
- Working With Colour Rules.
- Saving A Colour Theme.
- Exploring Colour Themes.
- Working With Colour Themes In Illustrator.
- Understanding The Colour Guide.
- Understanding Patterns.
- Creating Different Types Of Patterns.
- Applying A Pattern Swatch.
- Scaling And Moving A Pattern.
- Creating A New Pattern.
- Editing A Pattern.
- Understanding The Paintbrush Tool.
- The Brushes Panel.
- Understanding Brush Libraries.
- Using The Paintbrush Tool.
- Applying A Brush Stroke To A Path.
- Creating Different Kinds Of Brushes.
- Creating An Art Brush.
- Creating A Scatter Brush.
- Using The Blob Brush.
- Using The Eraser Tool.
- Deleting A Brush Style.
- Understanding Symbols.
- Placing A Symbol Instance.
- Editing A Symbol.
- Understanding The Symbolism Tools.
- Advanced Objects
- Understanding Pathfinder.
- Creating A Compound Shape.
- Modifying Compound Shapes.
- Understanding Pathfinder Effects.
- Applying Pathfinder Effects.
- Creating Compound Paths.
- Understanding Envelopes.
- Reshapes Objects Using Envelopes.
- Blending Shapes.
- Cutting And Dividing Objects.
- Understanding Effects.
- Understanding 3D Effects.
- Applying The 3D Extrude & Bevel Effect.
- Applying The 3D Revolve Effect.
- Applying The Outer Glow Effect.
- Understanding The Appearance Panel.
- Understanding Clipping Masks.
- Creating A Clipping Mask.
- Creating An Opacity Mask.
- Understanding Live Paint.
- Preparing For Live Paint.
- Simplifying Paths.
- Creating Live Paint Groups.
- Live Paint Gap Options.
- Applying Live Paint Fill.
- Adding Paths To A Live Paint Object.
- Using The Live Paint Selection Tool.
- Adding Gradients To Live Paint Objects.
- Understanding Tracing.
- The Image Trace Panel.
- Using Image Trace.
- Expanding Paths In A Traced Image.
- Tracing An Image Manually.
Starting With Illustrator CC 1
Working With Objects
Setting Up A New Document
Working With A Document
Colour, Fill And Stroke
Working With Type
Text And Objects
Introduction To Drawing
Saving And Printing
Creative Cloud Libraries
The Transform Tools
Brushes And Symbols
4.6 / 5.0
90% recommend this course
Average Rating For
- Content 4.5
- Knowledge 4.5
- Assignment 4.2
- Institute 4.3
- Instructor 4.4
Excellent illustrator class and excellent instructor. Everything about the training was top notch.
I took a one-on-one Illustrator class and Kevin was wonderful. He paced the class perfectly and since I was the single student, we could move quickly through the basics which I had learned in other Adobe applications and focus on areas I needed.