OpenVPN Training Details
OpenVPN is an open source software application that implements virtual private network (VPN) techniques for creating secure point-to-point or site-to-site connections in routed or bridged configurations and remote access facilities. It uses a custom security protocol that utilizes SSL/TLS for key exchange. It is capable of traversing network address translators (NATs) and firewalls.OpenVPN allows peers to authenticate each other using a pre-shared secret key, certificates, or username/password. When used in a multiclient-server configuration, it allows the server to release an authentication certificate for every client, using signature and Certificate authority. It uses the OpenSSL encryption library extensively, as well as the SSLv3/TLSv1 protocol, and contains many security and control features.
- Training by Realtime Expert trainer
- Live Online Classes
- Free study material
- Online virtual Classes available in morning, evening and weekend
- All attendees must have good understating of TCP/IP and Networking.
- Basic Idea of VPN solutions.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 20 days program and extends up to 2hrs each.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 5 days program and extends up to 8hrs each.
- Private Classroom arrenged on request and minimum attendies for batch is 4.
- Module - 1 Introduction to VPN
- How does a VPN works?
- What are VPNs used for?
- Networking Protocols and Layers
- VPN security Mechenisms
- Symetric encryption and preshared keys
- Asymetric encryption with SSL/TLS
- Understanding SSL/TLS certificates
- Trusted certificates
- Self-signed certificates
- Generating certificates and keys
- Module -2 Introduction to Open VPN
- Introduction to OpenVPN
- Advantage of OpenVPN
- Difference between OpenVPN and IPsec VPN
- Module - 3 Open VPN Installation
- Downloading and Installing OpenVPN
- Installing on windows
- Instaiing on linux (Redhat,Debian)
- Advance Installation using source code
- Module - 4 Configuring Open VPN with preshared keys
- Setting up OpenVPN on a windows machine
- Setting up OpenVPN on a Linux machine
- Connecting Windows and Linux
- Module - 5 Setting up OpenVPN with X.509 Certificates
- Building certificate authority using Easy-rsa on windows and linux
- Setting up variables
- Generating server and clients keys
- creating Diffie-Hellman key
- Distributing files using secure copy
- OpenVPN command line parameters
- setting up standard configuration file for a static key
- setting up standard configuration file for X.509 certificates
- Configuring Windows and Linux firewall for OpenVPN
- Module - 6 OpenVPN GUI Tools
- Webmin's OpenVPN Plugin
- Client GUIs for Linux
- Module - 7 OpenVPN Access Server
- Introduction to OpenVPN Access server
- Access server Deployment topology and terminology Operation of OpenVPN
- Access server TCP/UDP ports and services Typical Network Configuration
- OpenVPN Access server with one interface on Private Network or Public network
- OpenVPn Access server with two interfaces, one on public and one on private
- User Authentication and Management
- Virtual VPN Subnet configuration
- Module - 8 Installation of OpenVPN Access Server
- Prepare the server and obtaining the licence key
- Installing OpenVPN Access Server RPN/DEB Package
- Configuring Access server with the Admin Web UI
- Admin WebUI references
- Server Network Setting
- VPN Mode
- VPN Setting
- User and Groups Permissions
- Authentication ( General,PAM,RADIUS,LDAP)
- Connecting Client
- Server-locked Profile
- Configuring Authenticatins
- configuring RADIUS authentication attributes
- configuring RADIUS accounting attributes
- Configuring Access server LDAP authentication
- Configurin Access server with Active Directory Authentication
- Module - 9 Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- Testing network connectivity
- Checking interfaces, routing, and connectivity
- Scanning server with Nmap
4.6 / 5.0
90% recommend this course
Average Rating For
- Content 4.5
- Knowledge 4.5
- Assignment 4.2
- Institute 4.3
- Instructor 4.4
Great experience! Thanks Ecorptrainings for providing an online learning platform where courses can be taken from anywhere and anytime as per convenience. I attended Workday training and Workday HCM training and both the courses were really good. I would definitely recommend Ecorptrainings Thanks Ecorp
Ecorptrainings is an interactive and innovative way of evangelizing us toward various courses. The best stars for Ecorptrainings lies on the ticket solving and their tailored courses. Instructors are knowledgeable and interactive in teaching. Workday training sessions are well structured with a proper content in helping us to dive. Good course material and structured modules in each course..