SCDPM Training Details
System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) is a software product from Microsoft that provides near-continuous data protection and data recovery in a Microsoft Windows environment. It is part of the Microsoft System Center family of products and is Microsoft's first entry into the near-continuous backup and data recovery. It uses Shadow Copy technology for continuous backups.
- Training by Realtime Expert trainer
- Live Online Classes
- Free study material
- Online virtual Classes available in morning, evening and weekend
- Technical knowledge of operating systems and backup devices.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Workloads.
- Ideally some data protection experience in one or more of the following areas: File Servers, Exchange, SQL Server, Virtual Machines
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 20 days program and extends up to 2hrs each.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 5 days program and extends up to 8hrs each.
- Private Classroom arrenged on request and minimum attendies for batch is 4.
- This module discuses disaster recovery basics, describes the System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 architecture, and discusses the planning process required to implement DPM-based disaster recovery and data protection in an enterprise environment.
- This module discusses system requirements for the DPM 2012 server, provides step-by-step instructions for installing DPM servers and protection agents on enterprise systems, and discusses troubleshooting techniques for resolving issues you may encounter.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will install DPM prerequisite software, install a DPM server, perform initial required configuration tasks, and perform selected tasks to enable optional DPM features and functions.
- This module will look at the initial setup of protection groups and enabling basic backup functions for file services, system state and bare metal recovery.
- During lab exercises that accompany tis module you will create protection groups to complete backups of the file system, system state and bare metal recovery, ready for recovery scenarios.
- This module explains how to extend data protection to Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, SharePoint and Clustered servers, and Virtual Server Hosts and Virtual Machines by installing protection agents and configuring protection groups.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will install protection agents on an Exchange Server, a SQL Server, a SharePoint server, and a Virtual Server Host, create protection groups on the DPM server, and monitor data collection.
- This module will investigate the new features of workstation or client backup with DPM. This will included protection group creation and management. It will also show how the client components work to enable end users to add additional content for backup.
- The lab for this module will show how to enable client back, best practices for managing the backup and how to restore the client data.
- This module provides step-by-step instructions to prepare for recovery of DPM servers, recover and restore system states, bare metal backups and protected data for the DPM Server, Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, and Virtual Server Machines.
- This module provides an overview of techniques for monitoring, reporting and troubleshooting DPM environments to resolve DPM Server and protection agent issues. Topics also introduce how to use the Windows PowerShell-based DPM Management Shell to manage and maintain DPM environments and how to use Operations manager 2012 to manage multiple DPM instances
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will use DPM tools and utilities to perform typical maintenance, monitoring and repair tasks.
- This optional lab module enables the delegate to either undertake some of the prebuilt lab exercises, including Virtual Machine recovery, Exchange Server disaster recovery and DPM to DPM protection or to create their own scenario's which are relevant to their environment and test their skills to ensure they have the ability to recovery and the corporate systems
Module 1: Introducing Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
Module 2: Installing and Configuring DPM 2012
Module 3: Enabling DPM Protection to Standard Resources
Module 4: Extending DPM Protection to Enterprise Applications
Module 5: Managing Client Backup
Module 6: Examining Protected Data Backup and Recovery
Module 7: Managing and Troubleshooting DPM 2012
Module 8: Optional Scenario Labs
4.6 / 5.0
90% recommend this course
Average Rating For
- Content 4.5
- Knowledge 4.5
- Assignment 4.2
- Institute 4.3
- Instructor 4.4
Great experience! Thanks Ecorptrainings for providing an online learning platform where courses can be taken from anywhere and anytime as per convenience. I attended Workday training and Workday HCM training and both the courses were really good. I would definitely recommend Ecorptrainings Thanks Ecorp
Ecorptrainings is an interactive and innovative way of evangelizing us toward various courses. The best stars for Ecorptrainings lies on the ticket solving and their tailored courses. Instructors are knowledgeable and interactive in teaching. Workday training sessions are well structured with a proper content in helping us to dive. Good course material and structured modules in each course..