CAESAR II Training Details
CAESAR II is used within the piping industry to define and evaluate system models. CAESAR II enables you to gather accurate data from your design through strong bi-directional links to CADWorx piping CAD software. This link makes it easy to create error-free analysis models. In its results, CAESAR II uses a color-coded system that helps you identify areas of concern quickly and clearly. These graphics also allow you to view animated displacements for any stress load case.
- Training by Realtime Expert trainer
- Live Online Classes
- Free study material
- Online virtual Classes available in morning, evening and weekend
- Drafting, design, or engineering experience is required.
- Basic Plant design/ engineering knowledge is required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- It is also recommended that students have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 20 days program and extends up to 2hrs each.
- The format is 40% theory, 60% Hands-on.
- It is a 5 days program and extends up to 8hrs each.
- Private Classroom arrenged on request and minimum attendies for batch is 4.
- Role of the stress analyst
- When to perform stress analysis
- Piping Code History
- Stress theory; evaluating stresses on piping & knowing which ones matter
- Load types, Failure criteria; primary & fatigue failures
- Code equations, Stress Intensification (SIFs)
- Overview of CAESAR II functions and how to use the program
- Detailed, important modelling issues – bends, reducers, valves,rigid elements, control parameters, non-linearity of restraints,connecting nodes, built-in databases and assorted modelling issues.
- The mathematics behind CAESAR II – Stiffnes-s matricies and related issues
- Practical examples using CAESAR II; input, analysis & redesign
- Theory - Designing for sustained loads; support configuration issues,spring hanger design, optimization of sustained loads.
- Practical example
- Theory - Designing for expansion loads; flexibility
- Practical Examples
- Detailed problem solving of a complex model, including:
- Imposed thermal displacements
- Expansion joint modelling & evaluation
- Structural steel modelling
- Spring hanger design
- Combining steel with piping
- Verification of API 610 pump loads
- Local vessel flexibilities using WRC 297
- Including vessel modelling
- Evaluation of local vessel stresses according to WRC 107
- Problem Solving Workshop – detailed example where each student works independently, applying what is learned to solve a variety of stress and equipment load problems.
- Buried pipe modelling.
- Days4 & 5
- Dynamic analysis theory, types of loads & evaluation of system responses
- Modes and mode shapes
- Modal analysis
- Spectral Analysis; Impact & Earthquake analysis
- Time History Analysis
- Harmonic loads & harmonic analysis
- Flow induced vibration
- Mechanical vibration
- Impact load types & analysis
- Steam hammer
- Slug flow
- Relief valve firing
- Example problems including:
- Mechanically induced vibration problems & solutions
- Flow induced vibration problem & solution
- Time History analysis and evaluation of impact load (steam hammer) with dynamic restraint (snubber)
- Spectral analysis of impact load (Relief valve firing )
- Earthquake analysis
4.6 / 5.0
90% recommend this course
Average Rating For
- Content 4.5
- Knowledge 4.5
- Assignment 4.2
- Institute 4.3
- Instructor 4.4
Great experience! Thanks Ecorptrainings for providing an online learning platform where courses can be taken from anywhere and anytime as per convenience. I attended Workday training and Workday HCM training and both the courses were really good. I would definitely recommend Ecorptrainings Thanks Ecorp
Ecorptrainings is an interactive and innovative way of evangelizing us toward various courses. The best stars for Ecorptrainings lies on the ticket solving and their tailored courses. Instructors are knowledgeable and interactive in teaching. Workday training sessions are well structured with a proper content in helping us to dive. Good course material and structured modules in each course..